- A sudden causeless change or turn of the mind; a whim of fancy; a capricious prank; a vagary or caprice.
- (context, of a person) An oddball, especially in physiology; unique in a displeasing way.
- (bodybuilding) A person whose physique has grown far beyond the normal limits of muscular development; often a bodybuilder weighing more than 120 kilos (260 pounds).
- A person who has an obsession or extreme knowledge of a something.
- A very sexually perverse individual, usually used affectionately or in another good willed context.
- (transitive) To make greatly distressed and/or a discomposed appearance
- 1994, James Earl Hardy, B-Boy Blues: A Seriously Sexy, Fiercely Funny, Black-On-Black Love Story, (Alyson Publishing), page 107
- :But after one night turned into five days, I was freaking out. I missed him.
- (transitive) To be placed or place someone under the influence of a psychedelic drug
- 1992, Peter G. Stafford, Psychedelics Encyclopedia, (Ronin Publishing), page 56
- :"... Harvard have compiled a list of LSD's contributions"largely missing before then"to our popular language: turned on, straight, , freaked out, stoned, ..."
- (transitive) To streak
- 1930, Robert Seymour Bridges, The Testament of Beauty: A Poem in Four Books, (Literary Criticism), page 20
- :"... in fine diaper of silver and mother-of-pearl freaking the intense azure; Now scurrying close overhead, wild ink-hued random racers that fling sheeted ..."
- (intransitive) To experience reality withdrawal, or hallucinations (nightmarish), to behave irrational or unconventional due to drug use.
- (intransitive) To react extremely or irrationally, usually under distress or discomposure
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for freak for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.