- easily brake, broken or destroyed, and thus often of subtle or intricate structure
- The chemist synthesizes a molecule.
- The UN tries to maintain the peace process in the region.
- He is a very person and gets easily depressed.
Etymology: From the adjective fragilis, formed on frag, the root of frangere, "to break". Cognate with frail.
- Dutch: broos
- French: fragile
- German: fragil, zerbrechlich
- Spanish: frí¡gil
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fragile for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.