- furnace or hearth where metals are heated prior to hammering them into shape
- workshop in which metals are shaped by heating and hammering them
verb to forge (forges, forged, forging)
- German: Schmiede
- to shape a metal by heating and hammering
- to make a counterfeit item of; copy or imitate unlawfully, e.g. money, a signature or document
- to move forward heavily and slowly (originally as a ship)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for forge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.