noun (foot, men)
- A soldier who marches and fights on foot; a foot soldier.
- A man in waiting; a male servant whose duties are to attend the door, the carriage, the table, etc.
- Formerly, a servant who ran in front of his master's carriage; a runner.
- A metallic stand with four feet, for keeping anything warm before a fire.
- (Zoí¶l.) A moth of the family Lithosidí¦; -- so called from its livery-like colors.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for footman for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.