- (transitive) To go or come after in physical space.
- Follow that car!
- (transitive) To go or come after in a sequence.
- B follows A in the alphabet.
- (transitive) To carry out in accordance to (orders, instructions, etc).
- Follow these instructions to the letter.
- (transitive) To live one's live according to (religion, teachings, etc).
- (transitive) To understand, to pay attention to.
- Do you follow me?
- (transitive) To watch, to keep track of (reports of) some event or person.
- I followed the incumbent throughout the election.
- (transitive) To be a logical consequence of.
- It follows that no real number may have a negative square.
Etymology: Old English folÄian
- French: se plier í
- German: folgen
- Italian: seguire
- Spanish: seguir
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for follow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.