Translations: Etymology: From French, fixation.
- The act of fixing, or the state of being fixed or fixated.
- The act of uniting chemically with a solid substance or in a solid form; reduction to a non-volatile condition; -- said of gaseous elements.
- The act or process of ceasing to be fluid and becoming firm.
- In metals, a state of resistance to evaporation or volatilization by heat.
- A state of mind, involving obsession with a particular person, idea or thing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fixation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.