- (also filet) A strip or compact piece of meat or fish from which any bones have been removed.
- (architecture) A thin flat moulding/molding used as separation between larger mouldings.
- (clothing) A flat piece of cloth used as a headband esp. with a wimple.
- (context, engineering, drafting, CAD) A rounded relief or cut at an edge, especially an inside edge, added for a finished appearance and to break sharp edges.
- French: filet
- German: Filet
- Spanish: filete
- (transitive) To slice, bone or make into fillets.
- (transitive) To apply, create, or specify a rounded or filled corner to.
- French: désosser
- Italian: disossare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fillet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.