- A collection of papers collated and archived together.
- In computers, an aggregation of data on a storage device.
verb (fil, ing)
- French: fichier(fr)m
- German: Datei(de)f
- Italian: archivio(it)m
- Spanish: archivo (italbrac, Latin America), fichero (italbrac, Spain)
- Dutch: bestand(nl)n
- (transitive) To commit official papers to some office
- (transitive) To place in an archive in a logical place and order
- (transitive) To store a file (1) on a storage medium such as a disc or another computer.
- Italian: archiviare(it)
- Dutch: opslaan
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for file for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.