- (present participle of, fight)
- engaged in war or other conflict
- apt to provoke a fight
- 1925 April 11, "Books", in w:The New Yorker, The New Yorker, page 26,
- :It seems like a insult, but he explains.
- 1947, w:Hold That Lion!, Hold That Lion! (film),
- :Them's words in my country!
- 2003, Marjorie Kelly, The Divine Right of Capital: Dethroning the Corporate Aristocracy, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, ISBN 1576752372, page xi,
- :Those are words, of course, and the people who presently hold the high ground of economic power in society will not be amused.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fighting for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.