- Preferred one, one with special favor
- The teacher's always went first.
- Expected or most probable to win.
- He's the , he'll probably be elected.
- French: favori
- Italian: favorito
- Spanish: favorito
- That is my flavor of ice cream, I'd eat it daily if I could.
Etymology: From favorit (or favori, past participle of favorir "to favor".
- French: préféré
- German: liebling
- Dutch: favoriet
- Italian: preferito, favorito
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for favorite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.