- Existing in or constructed from fantasy; of or related to fantasy; fanciful.
- He told stories of dragons and goblins.
- His post-college plans had all collapsed within a year of graduation.
- She had a view of her own importance that none of her colleagues shared.
- Not believable; implausible; seemingly only possible in fantasy.
- The events were so that only the tabloids were willing to print it.
- She entered the lab and stood gaping for a good ten minutes at the machinery at work all around her.
- Wonderful; marvelous; excellent; extraordinarily good (used especially as an intensifier).
- "I had a simply vacation, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!"
- French: fantastique
- Dutch: fantastisch
- Italian: fantastico , fantastica
- Spanish: fantí¡stico
(trans-top, extravagantly fanciful and unrealistic)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fantastic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.