- a community gathering to celebrate and exhibit local achievements
- an event for public entertainment and trade, a market
- an event for professionals in a trade to learn of new products and do business.
- Dutch: beurs
- French: foire
- German: (t, de, Ausstellung, f), (t, de, Messe, f)
- Italian: mercato
- Spanish: feria
- (dated) beautiful, Beautiful, pleasing to the eye.
- Monday's child is of face.
- light, Light in color, pale, particularly as regards skin tone but also refers to blond hair.
- She had hair and blue eyes.
- just, Just, equitable.
- He must be given a trial.
- adequate, Adequate, reasonable, or decent.
- The patient was in a condition after some treatment.
- (baseball) Between the baselines.
Etymology: Old English fíger, fíÄer, from Germanic
- Dutch: bleek
- German: hell, hellhí¤utig, blond
- fagroz. Cognate with Swedish fager.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fair for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.