- The act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
- That property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space (or time, e.g. "spatiotemporal extension")
- Capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects; -- correlative of intension. Synonymous with denotation.
- A written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
- The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- (weightlifting) An exercise in which an arm or leg is straightened against resistance.
- (fencing) A simple offensive action, consisting of extending the weapon arm forward.
- A numerical code used to specify a specific telephone in a telecommunication network.
- German: Verlí¤ngerung
(trans-top, The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line)
(trans-top, The straightening of a limb, in distinction from flexion)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for extension for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.