- A particular way of phrase, phrasing an idea.
- A colloquialism or idiom.
- The "break a leg!" should not be taken literally.
- A facial appearance usually associated with an emotion.
- (math) A set of symbols denoting values and operations performed on them.
- (biology) The process of translating a gene into a protein.
- (context, programming) A piece of code in a high-level language that returns a value.
- The process of expressing milk
Etymology: From < expressio (a pressing out).
- French: expression(fr)f
- German: Ausdruck(de)m
- Italian: espressione(it)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for expression for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.