- An expendable person or object; usually used in the plural.
- Private Johnson was afraid the Lieutenant considered him an , since he was always picked as point man.
- Able to be expended; not inexhaustible.
Translations: Etymology: From Latin expendere + -able
- Oil and other resources are frequently the subject of military disputes.
- Designed for a single use; not reusable.
- The anti-aircraft rocket is fired from an launch platform.
- Not essential or mandatory in order to achieve a goal.
- The research department was deemed , and its funding was not renewed.
- That which is regarded as not worth preserve, preserving or saving; able to be sacrificed.
- In the internecine rivalries of large corporations, whole departments may become in the execution of one executive's power play.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for expendable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.