- The act or state of expecting or looking forward to an event as about to happen.
- That which is expected or looked for.
- The prospect of the future; grounds upon which something excellent is expected to occur; prospect of anything good to come, esp. of property or rank.
- The value of any chance (as the prospect of prize or property) which depends upon some contingent event.
- (statistics) The first moment
- (context, colloquial statistics) the arithmetic mean
- The leaving of the disease principally to the efforts of nature to effect a cure.
- Dutch: verwachting(nl)f
- French: attente(fr)
- German: Erwartung(de)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for expectation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.