- The act of excepting or excluding; exclusion; restriction by taking out something which would otherwise be included, as in a class, statement, rule.
- That which is excepted or taken out from others; a person, thing, or case, specified as distinct, or not included; as, almost every general rule has its exceptions.
- (Law) An objection, on legal grounds; also, as in conveyancing, a clause by which the grantor excepts or reserves something before the right is transferred.
- An objection; cavil; dissent; disapprobation; offense; cause of offense; -- usually followed by to or against.
- (computing) An interruption in normal processing, especially as caused by an error condition.
- German: Exception , Ausnahmebedingung
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for exception for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.