- The time of the day between dusk and night, when it gets dark.
- The time of the day between the approximate time of midwinter dusk and midnight (compare afternoon); the period after the end of regular office working hours.
- (figuratively) A concluding time period; a point in time near the end of something; the beginning of the end of something.
- It was the of the Roman Empire.
- Dutch: avond
- French: soir :fr:soir, Â°
- German: Abend :de:Abend, Â°
- Italian: sera
- Spanish: tarde :es:tarde, Â°
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for evening for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.