verb (establish, es)
Translations: Etymology: establissen, establir, établir, from stabilire, from stabilis firm, steady, stable.
- (transitive) To make stable or firm; to confirm.
- (transitive) To form; to set up in business.
- (transitive) To found; to institute.
- (transitive) To appoint, as officers, laws, regulations, etc.; to enact; to ordain.
- (transitive) To prove and cause to be accepted as true; to establish a fact; to demonstrate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for establish for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.