noun (wikipedia, essence, essence (philosophy))
- The inherent nature of a thing or idea.
- A significant feature of something.
- The concentrated form of a plant or drug obtained through a distillation process.
- essence of Jojoba
- fragrance, Fragrance, a perfume.
- (philosophy) The true nature of anything, not accidental or illusory.
Etymology: From Old (and modern) French French, essence, from Latin essentia, from an irregular formation of esse "be".
- Italian: essenza
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for essence for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.