- Understood only by a chosen few or an enlightened inner circle.
- ''Many Wikipedians are glad that the wikipedia:Sum of absolute transformed differences, Sum of absolute transformed differences was not the 2,000,000th article, because it would've been too to adequately celebrate. Fortunately, it was article 2,000,001, while wikipedia:El Hormiguero, El Hormiguero, a Spanish comedy show, was the 2,000,000th.
- Having to do with concepts that are highly theoretical and without obvious practical application.
- confidential, Confidential; private.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (term, sc=polytonic, áo, tr=esÅteros, , inner, lang=grc) (esoteric originally referred to the secret (vs. public) teachings of Greek philosophers).
- German: geheim(de)
- Italian: (t, it, esoterico, m), (t, it, esoterica, f), (t, it, esoterici, m, p), (t, it, esoteriche, f, p)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for esoteric for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.