- Of or relating to knowledge or cognition; cognitive.
- 1981, Martin Warner, "Review of Metaphor and Thought by Andrew Ortony," The Modern Language Review, vol. 76, no. 2, p. 428,
- :Metaphors provide access to the world via the articulation of new ideas at a stage when literal language cannot cope.
- (rare) Of or relating to theory of knowledge (epistemology).
- 2000, Timm Triplett, "Review of The Philosophy of Roderick M. Chisholm," The Philosophical Review, vol. 109, no. 3, p. 452,
- :Audi considers whether Chisholm might be able to incorporate into his system an internalist evidential grounding requirement.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for epistemic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.