- (countable) The action of entering, or going in.
- Her attracted no attention whatsoever.
- (countable) The place of entering, as a gate or doorway.
- Place your bag by the so that you can find it easily.
- (uncountable) The right to go in.
- You'll need a ticket to gain to the museum.
verb (entranc, ing)
- Dutch: binnenkomst (1), intrede (2), toegangsrecht (3)
- German: Zutritt
- Italian: entrata
- Spanish: entrada,
(trans-top, The right to go in)
- French: entrée (1,2,3)
- (transitive) To delight and fill with wonder.
- The children were immediately entranced by all the balloons.
- (transitive) To put into a trance.
- Dutch: in trance brengen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for entrance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.