noun (entit, ies)
- An existent that is a something, Something, or a somebody, that is distinct and exists as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.
- An existent something that has the properties of being real, and having a real existence.
- (computing) An organized array or set of individual elements or parts.
- being, Being; existence.
- The group successfully maintains its tribal entity.
Translations: Etymology: From Medieval Latin entitas < Latin, present participle of esse, "to be".
- Quotation: The policy of the government of the United States is to seek . . . to preserve Chinese territorial and administrative entity -- Wikipedia:George F. Kennan, G.F.Kennan
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for entity for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.