noun (plural: encroachments)
- An entry into a place or area that was previously uncommon; an advance beyond former borders; intrusion; incursion.
- An intrusion upon another's possessions or rights; infringement.
- That which is gained by such unlawful intrusion.
- An unlawful diminution of the possessions of another.
- Dutch: aantasting , inbreuk
(trans-top, that which is gained by such intrusion)
(trans-top, an unlawful diminution)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for encroachment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.