- A political, cultural or social entity or part thereof that is completely surrounded by another.
Translations: Etymology: From (term, enclave, lang=fr).
- The republic of San Marino is an of Italy.
- The streets around Union Square form a protestant within an otherwise Catholic neighbourhood.
- A group that is set off from a larger population by its characteristic or behavior.
- ...it tends to make marriage itself a lifestyle enclave.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for enclave for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.