- a town in Queensland, Australia.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Emerald for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- Any of various green gemstones, especially a green transparent form of beryl, highly valued as a precious stone.
- (color) A rich green colour, like that of the gem.
- <table><tr><td>emerald colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 047853" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Dutch: smaragd
- German: Smaragd (1), Smaragdgrí¼n (2)
- French: émeraude (1,2)
- Italian: smeraldo
- Spanish: esmeralda
- (color) Of a rich green colour.
Etymology: Middle English emeraude, from Old French esmeraude, from Vulgar Latin , variant of Latin smaragdus, from Greek , (smaragdos, maragdos), from Sanskrit àààà (marakata).
- Dutch: smaragdgroen, smaragdgroene
- French: émeraude
- German: smaragdgrí¼n, smaragdfarben
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for emerald for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.