verb (embezzl, ing)
- to steal or misappropriate money that one has been trusted with, especially to steal money from one's employer
- 1903, H.G. Wells, Twelve Stories and a Dream
- :You waste your education in burglary. You should do one of two things. Either you should forge or you should . For my own part, I .
- 1861, George Eliot, Silas Marner
- :You let Dunsey have it, sir? And how long have you been so thick with Dunsey that you must collogue with him to embezzle my money?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for embezzle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.