- (chemistry) Any one of the simplest chemical substances that cannot be decomposed in a chemical reaction or by any chemical means and made up of atoms all having the same number of protons.
- One of the four basic building blocks of matter in theories of ancient philosophers and alchemists: water, earth, fire, and air.
- Something small.
- an of doubt
- A place or state of being that an individual or object is better suited towards.
- be in one's own
- A required aspect or component of a cause of action. A deed is regarded a violation of law only if each element can be proved.
- (set theory) One of the objects in a set.
- A group of people within a larger group having a particular common characteristic.
- You sometimes find the hooligan at football matches.
- A short form of heating element, a component in electrical equipment, often in the form of a coil, having a high resistance, thereby generating heat when a current is passed through it.
- The in this electric kettle can heat the water in under a minute.
- Dutch: element
- French: membre , point
- German: Bauelement
- Italian: elemento
- Italian, elemento
- Spanish: elemento
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for element for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.