noun (countable and uncountable; plural elastics)
- (uncountable) An elastic material used in clothing, particularly in waistbands and cuffs.
- Running shorts use elastic to eliminate the need for a belt.
- (countable) An elastic band.
adjective ((compar) more elastic, (superl) most elastic)
- French: élastique
See elastic band
- Capable of stretching; particularly, capable of stretching so as to return to an original shape or size when force is released.
- The rope is somewhat elastic, so expect it to give when you pull on it.
- Made of elastic.
- elastic band
- Of clothing, elasticated.
- (economics) Sensitive to changes in price.
- Demand for entertainment is more elastic than demand for energy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for elastic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.