- (context, slang, often capitalized) A mock-honorific title given to a particular person who is stingy.
- Don't expect a big tip from El Cheapo over there.
- (context, slang) A person who is stingy; a cheapskate.
- He's such an that his wallet hasn't been opened for days.
Etymology: Spanish article el + English cheap + mock-Spanish -o
- (context, slang) Cheap; inexpensive; of low quality.
- I only had five bucks, so I bought the headphones.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for el cheapo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.