verb (eighty-sixes, eighty-sixing, eighty-sixed)
- (colloquial): To cancel an order for food.
- " the ham and eggs for table two!"
- (colloquial): To remove an item from the menu.
- the lobster bisque - we won't have the lobster delivery until tomorrow.
- "Yes, I'd like the tomato soup." / "I'm sorry sir, that's been eighty-sixed - would you like a salad instead?"
- (colloquial): To throw out; discard.
- "We finally had to that old printer after it jammed one too many times."
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for eighty-six for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.