verb (effac, ing)
- (transitive) To erase (as anything impressed or inscribed upon a surface); to render illegible or indiscernible.
- Do not what I've written on the chalkboard.
- (transitive) To cause to disappear as if by rub out, rubbing out or strike out, striking out.
- Some people like to their own memories with alcohol.
- (reflexive) To make oneself inobtrusive as if due to modesty or diffidence.
- Many people seem shy, but they really just for meekness.
- (medicine) Of the cervix during pregnancy, to thin and stretch in preparation for labor.
- Some females 75% by the 39th week of pregnacy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for efface for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.