- (uncountable) A system for transferring messages from one computer to another, usually via a network.
- He sent me his details via .
- The advent of has simultaneously brought our society closer together and farther apart.
- (countable; see Usage notes below) An e-mail message.
- I am searching through my old e-mails.
- He sent me several e-mails last week to that effect.
- (uncountable; see Usage notes below) A quantity of e-mail messages.
- I am searching through my old .
- My inbox used to only allow 50 MB of at a time until last year, when they upgraded it to 2 GBs!
verb to e-mail
- French: courrier électronique , courriel , email
- French, email (deprecated anglicism)
- German: (t, de, E-Mail, f)
Etymology: From electronic + mail.
- To compose and send an e-mail
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for e-mail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.