adjective (drowsi, er)
- Inclined to drowse; heavy with sleepiness; lethargic; dozy.
- I was feeling and so decided to make myself a cup of coffee to try to wake myself up.
- Disposing to sleep; lulling; soporific.
- It was a warm, summer afternoon.
- Dull; stupid.
Etymology: Probably from or akin to Old English drÅsian
- French: stupide
- Spanish: (t, es, adormecido)
disposing to sleep (2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for drowsy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.