- Light rain
- (context, physics, weather). Very small, numerous, and uniformly dispersed water drops, mist, or sprinkle. Unlike fog droplets, drizzle falls to the ground. It is sometimes accompanied by low visibility and fog.
- No longer pouring, the rain outside slowed down to a faint .
- (slang) Water.
- Stop drinking all of my , bitch!
verb (drizzl, ing)
- French: bruine
- German: Niesel , Nieselregen
- To rain lightly.
- To pour slowly and evenly, especially with oil in cooking.
- The recipe says to toss the salad and then it in olive oil.
- The recipe says to toss the salad and then olive oil on it.
- (slang) To urinate.
Etymology: The first part of the verb, driz- comes probably from drÄse, drÄosan
- French: bruiner
- German: nieseln
(trans-top, to pour slowly and evenly)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for drizzle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.