- the action or an act of pulling something along, esp. a beast of burden, vehicle or tractor
- the act of drawing
- that which is drawn
- that which draws
- capacity of being drawn
- a current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle)
- the depth below the water line to the bottom of a vessel's hull
- an amount of liquid that is drunk in one swallow
- She took a deep from the bottle of water.
- a game piece used in the game of draughts
- (Australia) type of beer, brewed using a top-fermenting yeast
Etymology: From dríht, from draÄan to draw.
- Dutch: slok
- French: courant d'air
- German: Schluck , Zug
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for draught for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.