verb (donat, ing)
- To give away something of value to support or contribute towards something.
- She donates 100 dollars to Red Crescent every year.
- He donated an etching from his own collection to the new art gallery.
Etymology: From Latin donare (to give).
- French: donner :fr:donner, ^
- German: spenden :de:spenden, ^ (1), stiften (1), schenken (1)
- Italian: donare :it:donare, ^
- Spanish: donar :es:donar, ^
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for donate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.