- a ruler of Venice while it was a republic
- a surname, typically found in the United States
- a brand of motor vehicle
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Dodge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
verb (dodg, ing)
- To avoid by moving out of the way (often suddenly)
Translations: Etymology: Uncertain, but possibly from Old English dydrian, by way of dialectal dodd or dodder
- He dodged traffic crossing the street.
- (figurative) To avoid; to sidestep
- The politician dodged the question with a meaningless reply.
- (Archaic) To go hither and thither
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dodge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.