verb (distribut, ing)
- (transitive): To divide something into portions and dispense it.
- He distributed the bread amongst his followers.
- (transitive): To supply goods to retail outlets.
- The agency distributes newspapers to local shops.
- (transitive): To deliver or pass out something.
- A network of children distributes flyers to every house.
- (transitive): To scatter or spread something.
- I raked the soil then distributed grass seed.
- (transitive): To apportion evenly.
- The robot's six legs distributed its weight over a wide area.
- (transitive): To classify or separate into categories.
- The database distributed verbs into transitive and intransitive segments.
- (intransitive): (mathematics) To be distributive.
- French: répartir
- German: aufteilen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for distribute for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.