verb (dissociates, dissociating, dissociated)
- (transitive) To make unrelated, to sever a connection, separate.
- A number of group members wish to themselves from the majority.
- (context, transitive, chemistry) To separate compounds into simpler component parts, usually by applying heat or through electrolysis.
- We dissociated the lead iodide into its elements by heating
- (intransitive) To part, to stop associating.
- (context, intransitive, chemistry) To undergo dissociation.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dissociate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.