- (gymnastics): The part of a routine in which the gymnast detaches from an apparatus.
- A stylish routine, let down by a sloppy .
- (transitive) to get off of (something)
- She carefully dismounted from the horse.
- (computing): (transitive) to make a hard drive unavailable for use
- The VMS operator tried to the unix hard drive with the <tt>DISMOUNT DISK$NFSMOUNT</tt> command, instead of <tt>umount /mnt/nfshome</tt>.
Etymology: From prefix dis-, not, + mount
- Dutch: demonteer
- French: démonter
- German: abnehmen
- Italian: smontarsi
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dismount for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.