verb (disassociat, es)
- To separate oneself from a person or situation.
- After the scandal, the political party disassociated itself from the questionable candidate.
- (transitive) To separate into smaller discrete units.
- The problem is easier to understand if you the variables.
- (intransitive) To separate from related items.
- The fabric of the coat disassociated when I washed it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for disassociate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.