verb (disabl, , ing)
- to render unable; to take away the ability
- (context, of a person) to impair the physical or mental abilities of; to cause a serious, permanent injury which has a negative impact on the person's social life
- Falling off the horse disabled him.
- to deactivate a function of an electronical or mechanical device
- The pilot had to the autopilot of his airplane.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for disable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.