- (surfing) damage on a surfboard, usually in the form of a dent.
- As a kid, I always broke off a chunk of wax and jammed it into a fresh ding in hopes of saving the foam from water invasion, but days later I found myself picking out waxy bits from a brown-stained nightmare. — Jay DiMartino? http://surfing.about.com/cs/surfingfaq/f/050404waxding.htm
- very minor damaged caused in a traffic accident.
- to hit or strike
- (surfing) to damage a surfboard, especially by denting it.
- If you surf regularly, then you're going to ding your board. — BBC surfing Wales http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/surfing/sites/features/pages/dings.shtml
- To mishit a golf ball
- (colloquial) To deduct, as points.
- My bank dinged me three bucks for using their competitor's ATM.
- To back out of a task in a shameful manner
- He was supposed to go but he dinged out on me.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ding for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.