Translations: verb (din, n, ed)
- A loud noise; a cacophony or loud commotion.
- (obsolete) To be filled with sound; to resound.
- (transitive) To assail with loud noise.
- (transitive) To repeat continuously, as though to the point of deafening or exhausting somebody.
- 2003: His mother had dinned The Whole Duty of Man into him in early childhood " Roy Porter, Flesh in the Age of Reason (Penguin 2004, p. 183)
- (intransitive) To make a din.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for din for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.