- A small depression in a surface.
- The accident created a in the hood of the car.
- Specifically, a small depression on the skin, especially on the face near the corners of the mouth.
- You have very cute dimples.
verb (dimpl, ing)
- German: Grí¼bchen
- Italian: fossetta
- Spanish: hoyuelo
- (transitive) To create a dimple in.
- The hailstorm dimpled the roof of our car.
- (intransitive) To create a dimple in one's face by smiling.
- The young girl dimpled in glee as she was handed a cupcake.
- Dutch: indeuken, deuken
- French: embréver
- German: eindellen
- Italian: formare fossette su
- Spanish: formar hoyuelos
(trans-top, Create dimples in face by smiling)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dimple for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.