- A single aspect of a given thing.
- A measure of spatial extent in a particular direction, such as height, width or breadth, or depth.
- A construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished.
- (geometry) Any of the independent coordinates used to specify uniquely the location of a point in a space.
- (linear algebra) The number of elements of any basis of a vector space.
- (physics) One of the physical property regarded as a fundamental measure of a physical quantity, such as mass, length and time.
- The dimensions of velocity are length divided by time.
- (computing) Any of the independent ranges of index, indices in a multidimensional array.
- (science fiction) An alternative universe or plane of existence.
- Dutch: dimensie
- German: Dimension
- Italian: dimensione
- Spanish: dimensión
- (transitive) To mark, cut or shape something to specified dimensions.
Etymology: From dimensionem.
- German: dimensionieren
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dimension for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.