- : A coin worth one-tenth of a dollar. The physical coin is smaller than a penny.
- (italbrac-colon, Canada) A coin worth one-tenth of a Canadian dollar.
- : an 'assist' (basketball)
- (slang) A playing card with the rank of ten
- To tell on somebody, to turn them in to the authorities, to rat on them.
Etymology: From French díme, from Latin decimus, tenth
- Example: Somebody dimed on me and I got arrested for selling marijuana.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dime for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.