- (uncountable) The process of developing; growth
- The development of this story has been slow.
- The organism has reached a crucial stage in its development.
- (countable) Something which has developed
- Our news team brings you the latest developments.
- (countable) A real estate development
- (uncountable) The application of new ideas to practical problems (''cf. research)
- Our development department has produced three new adhesives this year.
- (context, chess, uncountable) The active placement of the pieces, or the process of achieving it
- White's development is good, but black's has been hampered by the pawn on e5.
- Dutch: ontwikkeling
- German: Entwicklung
- Italian: potenziamento
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for development for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.